It’s only four days into the month and my intention is finally being put pen to paper. So to speak.
I just got back from assisting the Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training in Capetown and have a quiet month ahead. No travel, no workshops, just being present here. And that’s leading me to sit with the quiet and use it. Here are a few things I’ll be working with and working on and working through. Feel free to play along.
- Revisiting my ethics as a teacher. This is important to me. It’s a chance to sit with how I teach and how I want to represent myself as a teacher. It is an exercise every yoga teacher needs to work with at least once a year. I have found mine change with experience and I think that’s a good thing.
- Why do I teach yoga? I think at it’s core, it should be an easy question to answer, but in the busy, often hectic schedule, we all have, it’s important to feel for what draws me back to teach.
- Why do I practice yoga? Much like teaching but this one is what brings me to my mat every day. “What’s in it for me” comes up with this question and that’s a very good thing.
- I believe in the magick of Forrest Yoga. How can I convey this passion succinctly and with passion to anyone that asks? How can I continue to live with my Spirit daily to being continued healing and growth not only for myself but for my students as well?
- Where do I want to go next year? As 2017 closes, how do I step with Beauty into 2018?
- I have accomplished so much this year. But I haven’t celebrated everything. It’s time I uptake what I’ve done and let that re-charge me for the year ahead.
I’m pretty sure more will come up but this is a nice and healthy start.