So apparently someone besides me reads this blog. And she takes my class. And I don’t know her. But I think I do. Anyhow, she and her blog nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is just a way for one blogger to put a shout out for others. Which is never bad. Go meet her here: http://lifevivified.com The story then goes that I get to nominate blogs as well. Here’s the kicker. I don’t read too many on a regular basis. That’s my bad. And I own it. I really just try and limit my time in front of the computer and would much rather read a book, go outside, practice, run, etc. I’m taking the Liebster and running with it in my own bad yogi way – instead of nominating, I created a whole new section of my website – What I read. As I stumble across authors, blogs, poets, or other, I’ll put them there. So keep checking it out.
The part of being nominated I will play along with is answering her questions and providing random facts about me. So here goes…
- How did you get into blogging? Hm, how did I? Well, my first blog (and the one that is out there but I don’t use it much) was about my life recovering after my ex broke up with me and then after his death. I think there are some really good stories on it still so I may add a link on this site over. Happy reading. I blog my life. Most of it has a “yoga spin” but it’s my life. It’s real. And it’s my truth.
- If you could have one superpower (real or imagined) what would it be and why? Who says I don’t already have one?? And if I told you, my secret identity would be forever revealed. I’ve seen what happens. Ain’t gonna do it.
- What are your long-term goals in life? Seriously? C’mon Viv. To not die in the short term. Do any of us know? If you had asked me six years ago where I’d be now, my life would have been different. I’ve learned to be fluid. To accept what I cannot change and to influence where I can. The pageant in me says world peace and ending world hunger. But I’d actually settle for helping people become nicer.
- If you could live within the setting of one television show or movie, what would it be and why? Is Harry Potter too obvious? Definitely not ‘The Walking Dead’ or ‘It.’ But I actually don’t think I’d want to. It may seem corny, but I’m right where I need to be. I’m still learning what that means but I’m ok with it for now. And I should have my own TV show. Because, obviously.
- Same question, but pertaining to the setting of a story or book? Is Harry Potter too obvious? Here’s a deep answer – I’d choose not to. I use books to escape from my life. My life, just a hunch, goes where I go. So it’d be in the book with me.
- Which of all your own blog posts, is your favorite? Tricky question. I’m cheating. And saying all of them. Because they represent who I was in that moment in that time. And it was the only time I was that guy. I don’t blog regularly and don’t have a schedule of when I should. I blog when my heart is ready and can light the words that come out. Being truthful and honest are two priorities for my blog; it helps if I don’t write about the sushi I had for lunch.
- How did you come up with the name for your blog? I’m bad yogi. I think we all are. It’s not about drinking wine or eating meat. But instead, realizing that none of us are perfect. And we’re on a path. This path has lead me here. I’ll keep moving on. So will you. My hope is that we all part ways better, wiser, and stronger for knowing each other.
- If you were going to own an exotic pet (in theory only – we know wild animals do not make good pets), what would it be and why? I have a bulldog. From England. And a possessed cat. I do not want any other exotic animals.
- If you could spend a day with one person (real or fictional), who would it be and why? My Dad. Any day. He makes me laugh without trying, thinks he’s the funniest person around, and is a major part of the reason I am who I am today.
- If you won the lottery today, what would you do tomorrow? Wake up, make breakfast, write my to do list, breathe for my daily intention, and go about my day. I am so lucky I get to do what I do. Leaving the office world was my best decision. I could have all the money out there – but I’d still show up to teach. Just maybe though, I’d be teaching in Bali.
- What makes you happiest in this world? Happy. Happiness. Words that I don’t actually throw around easily. I love teaching though. When students have an ‘aha!’ moment about a pose or intention. Being with family and friends. I’m happiest when the human connection, which we all have, is alive in me and those I’m with. When my light sees your light, we all shine brighter.
And now, 11 random facts about myself.
- I’m deathly afraid of snakes, clowns, and zombies.
- Spring is my favorite season.
- I curse. A lot. And I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
- I make a mean grilled cheese and at one point in my life aspired to open a grilled cheese restaurant. As a result of that, I’ve got quite a few tested concept sandwiches. All of which are amazing.
- I have, in most situations, at least 2-3 minimum escape strategies in place should a clown come into the area. Or zombie.
- I believe I’m an amazing kick boxer because I’ve watched every episode of ‘Buffy’ and ‘Alias.’
- No. Seriously. Did you see my legit fear of clowns?? I’ve gotta be ready to kick ass.
- In the search for my happy, I’m discovering that happy isn’t a destination. It’s a travel companion.
- I hate the taste of milk.
- I was in Mysore before Mysore was cool.
- This is the longest blog post I’ve ever written.